Mohammed Yusuf Khatri
Mohammed Yusuf Khatri
मोहम्मद युसूफ खत्री
Giving live demo of traditional Bagh Hand Block Printing on Bagh Print Tableau Delhi Republic Day parade, 2011
|Known for||Bagh Print, hand block print, natural printing and dyeing|
|hand block printing on bamboo mat & leather|
|Awards||National award handicrafts & handlooms 2003|
International UNESCO Award of Excellence 2014,
Mohammed Yusuf Khatri is an Indian master craftsman born:Bagh, Madhya Pradesh, who had learnt the traditional Craft of Bagh Print at a young age by his father Ismail Khatri and mother Mrs Jetun Khatri. His family has been working in the trade of traditional Alizarin Bagh print since 7th century. As he began early in life, most part of his life is experienced for Bagh hand block printing.January 1, 1967, in village of
Earlier Mohammed Yusuf Khatri and his family used to prefabricate different traditional dresses for the persons belonging to different castes living in tribal area of Bagh block of Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh. Because the people of different castes and families had different dresses like Maroo, Jat, Meghwal, Mahajan, Bhil, Bhilala society and they were identified with their dresses. After 1990 Mohammed Yusuf Khatri did new experiments on the clothes for urban market. He did block printing with hand and designed cultural clothing firstly. He also experimented incorporating modernity in the wooden blocks and colours in such a way that its fame and popularity could be established for a long time on the national and international level. He proved his imagination true by making craft on bamboo mat, leather, jute etc. besides cloth, Bagh Print was engraved with natural colours on . This was the first experiment of the world which was completed with colours on bamboo mat. It is notable that before or after popularity of Bagh print in the world, no example of such kind is recorded. Hence it is the first sample of such art in the world.
Bagh print tableau on republic day parade
The tableau of Bagh prints was displayed in republic day celebration parade 2011 from rajpath to red fort. This full tableau was based on live demo of Bagh prints. In this tableau Mohammed Yusuf Khatri exhibited the live demo of Bagh prints craft. on republic day celebration, the craft of Bagh prints was introduced to the former honourable president of india Pratibha Devisingh Patil & Honourable vice president Dr. Hamid Ansari & the then honourable prime minister Dr. Manmohan Singh took the information of excellencies of Bagh prints and admired the craft person a lot.
Awards and honour
State award 1998-1999 by government of Madhya Pradesh
- "Bagh prints of Madhya Pradesh hog limelight in Argentina too". ummid.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Money Mantra English Magazine". Moneymantra.co.in. 2012-08-14. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "List of National Awardees in respect of Handicrafts Sector". Handicrafts.nic.in. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Handwoven Banarasi Fabric Throw : India" (PDF). Wccapr.org. p. 15. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- Pushpa Chari (2011-10-21). "The Bagh story…". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Monthly Commercial and economic Report for Colombia, Ecuador and Costa Rica" (PDF). Newsletter.cii.in. December 2009. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Madhya Pradesh's Bagh handicraft reaches four countries in 2 months". Bharat E Seva. 2010-12-23. Archived from the original on 2014-12-25. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "The SAnta Fe New Mexican : The Art of Survival" (PDF). 126.96.36.199. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-12-27. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "A Humbling Exploration of Bagh | breakaway". Breakaways.wordpress.com. 2012-04-06. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "UNESCO Seal of Challenge" (PDF). Portal.unesco.org. 2005. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Bagh prints of MP hog limelight in Argentina too | www.khojkhabarnews.com". Khojkhabarnews.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "MP tableau to showcase `Bagh` prints on Republic Day parade | Zee News". Zeenews.india.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "MP tableau - Latest News on MP tableau | Read Breaking News on Zee News". Zeenews.india.com. 2014-09-29. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Bagh prints of MP attracted Argentina market". Visionmp.com. 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Textile Design, Indian Textiles, Handloom House, India textile industry". Designdiary.nic.in. 2010. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2015-03-03.